26 December 2011

Brake Out.








Listening, each second passing increases my heart rate. I wait for the signal.
Thud.
I stand up and run.
The chair at the table flies out from underneath me.
I spot my partner, imitating my moves at the other side of the mess hall.
Two seconds it takes for me to reach the guard, with his back turned.
One second to take his baton from his belt, and an extra to disable him; he hits the floor.
A second thud as my partners guard also hits the floor.
Recalling the plan in my brain, I search the body for keys.
My partner rallies the troops.
The prisoners follow me.
Through the door into the corridor, stop, spotted.
Five prisoners leap forward at the two guards.
Four seconds before they reach them.
Two tasers released after one and a half seconds, two prisoners drop, thud.
The three press forward, one gets knocked out by a fist, the other two prevail.
Forward and a right turn into a corridor of cells.
Thirty meters long, two meters wide, seven cells on each side.
An extra soldier in each.
Cheers.
Behind us, scream.
Three guards subdue five of our twenty team-mates.
My partner attacks them, I run forward to the tiny room at the end of the corridor.
Four and a half seconds and I’m at the door.
Smash it open, one second.
The guard turns, baton to the stomach.
He’s hunched over, I bring the baton up, and thud, he hits the floor.
Find the button, press it, the cells open.
Cheers.
It all takes Four seconds.
I pick up a mobile phone from the target that’s on the floor.
Dial a memorised number, call for our van.
Into the corridor, am I’m tackled into the next room by my partner and lots of prisoners.
Four guards await, one second and one is upon me.
Hits me in the nose and picks me up, three seconds.
I struggle and he drops me, thud, I hit the floor. Two seconds.
Swipe at the back of his knees and he joins me, another two.
And an extra second is what it takes to knock him out.
Stand up and look around the room, orange jumpsuits on limp bodies scatter the floor.
Six prisoners stand above me.
They help reassure me, my partner pushes us onwards.
Out the main entrance.
Fresh air.
Two guard towers, each side of the gate to freedom.
Each contains two men.
A cabin, contains the warden.
It’s night time.
The crowd of eight heroes split into four, and run down each side, eight seconds.
Avoid the searchlight.
Only one can get up the tower, one must take out two.
The biggest prisoner, an ex bouncer ascends the ladders on the left tower.
I ascend the right.
My partner waits at the bottom.
Eleven painful seconds until I reach the top.
Swiftly I raise the baton at it reaches the first guards helmet, one second.
He’s not out for the count.
The second guard wraps his leather arms around me, trapping my torso and lifting me up.
Mistake.
I lash out at the first guard with both my feet.
He topples over the edge, thud, three seconds.
I flip the second guard over my head; he hits the floor after one second, thud.
It takes me another sparing second to stamp on his head.
Broken neck.
Descending the ladders, seven seconds.
My partner grins at me.
The big prisoner jumps from halfway down the ladders, blood on his face.
Sneak around the tower.
Get to the cabin door, slowly open it, creak, two seconds.
The warden is asleep.
My partner creeps in and accurately steals a set of keys from her desk.
Leaves the cabin after eight seconds.
Quickly stride to the gates.
Open them.
Creak.
Shoulder to shoulder, my partner and I taste freedom.
He beams at me before a gunshot.
Blood trickles down my partners face, staining gleeful expression as it turns to stone.
My smile evaporates.
Thud.
I get picked up by the large prisoner and he runs, thrown in a van.
Despair.
Engine erupts into life.
Escape in Two Minutes.

 >G

No comments:

Post a Comment