8 January 2012

You're my snowflake...







Stood side by side, I feel your hand reach out and wrap itself in mine, in unison we blush neither of us wanting to speak to break this precious moment, a quick glance at each other then out again, then you let out a little giggle and I join in. “I…” we both try to speak but then tail off into a giggle again. It begins to get colder and I shiver, so you turn to me and wrap your tatty scarf round my neck with your icy soft hands with hardly any moment and you just grin, the creases in your face made more prominent with the cold surging through your body. You offer your coat but I just shake my head and we return to standing side by side, an idiot walks by and has his music on too loud you give me a look as if to say “what a dolt” and I just laugh.
A snowflake fall and lands on your nose and you just sneeze then look at me apologetically; I offer my tissue to which you refuse. You start to rub your hands together as the cold is cutting off the circulation and turning them pink, I cup them in mine and you just look at me, a look that I had seen before but never up close and never when you knew I was looking, your jade green eyes cut through me like hot stones in butter and I just melt at that moment and without us noticing the snow gets heavier, you hug me close and enclose me in your warm coat, I wrap my arms around your waist, I hear your heart beating next to my face and I feel the breath on the back of my neck, I close my eyes and just listen to the hypnotic rhythm and the pound of your heart that was moving my head back and forth, a moment I had often dreamt about and it was happening nothing could wipe this smile off my face. I reach up and put my hand on your face it was like ice, I run my thumb over your lips and edge closer the warmth of your breath on my face, our faces now parallel you put your mouth next to my ear and whisper “You're my snowflake...” you lean in a press your lips against mine we close our eyes and for 30 seconds its as if the rest of the world doesn’t exist, at this moment a snowflake lands on your nose again and I wipe it off and again you just grin, I whisper "perfect..." and you hold me close to your chest again which put me in that same hypnotic state, we both smile. “I don’t want this moment to end…”

- R x.

No comments:

Post a Comment