8 January 2012

My Kindgom.







I wipe the blood of his cheek, skin like leather, rough, bruised. He snarls, eyes locked on mine, his face showing the fury of a thousand dead warriors. There's nothing more he can do. I spit on him, asserting my authority. Then kick his chest forcing him to the ground, my foot still atop him as he pants. The two guards stood behind him follow him with their blades as he falls, just another victim of our kingdoms immense power.
He splutters, "I remember, When there was freedom in this land" I push my foot down, "And I remember when the people used to deserve it" I spit on his face in disgust. I lean over him more now, my face less than 20 centimeters from his. My hand moves over his face, I shut his left eye with my index finger. Then, in a moment of rage at his doing my fingers lash down into his socket. A yelp of pain, thrashing, there's nothing he can do to stop us, we have the power to do anything we wish.
Lined up, one by one, I watch as he stands beside others of his kind. They're all scum, worthless. Then I wonder, am I truly any better. Thought like these are shaken off within seconds. I'm a man of power, power comes to those who earn it, I'm more than these could ever be. I stare content as each of them are hit in the gut with a club, bringing them to their knees where they'll be given their desert. I grin. Power crazed, knowing I can do what I like, no consequences. In my position I could take the world. I will take the world. I give each man a final stare as their heads are taken one my one.
One day they'll know who is truly in charge. Not their god, their father, their kingdom. Me.

~S

No comments:

Post a Comment