29 February 2012

Cat.







I wake in the sun.
It warms my back, and I stretch.
Stretch.
I feel the sun in my face, in my hair. It's warm.
I jump down from the window ledge, and as my feet hit the ground I properly wake.
Before that, the doziness of sunlight.
I pad across the tiles in search of food. I'm hungry, in that lazy, not-bothered fashion. 
My nose twitches. 
The sun still plays across my back - long fingers of light moving across room - and it feel it rubbing against my shoulders, a blanket of comfort.
I find no food in this room, so I move back towards the window ledge in the kitchen.
The tiles are a stark, cool contrast against the heat of the sun.
Once again I curl up, my ears settling against my head, my whiskers twitching in pre-sleep anticipation.
My tail flicks idly and I shut my eyes, imprints of the sun performing for the backs of my eyelids. 
The sun warms my fur,
And I sleep.
~H

No comments:

Post a Comment