12 April 2012

Time's Weight







Time does not wait. Time has no weight. That is unless you count the way in which it weighs upon me. And how heavily it weighs. Time doesn't creep, nor crawl. Yet creep up on me it does, and so too does it crawl, when least I want it to. Time imparts wisdom, yet...

Even a fool may appear wise, if silent he stays.

Silent I am not, yet neither am I entirely foolish. The middle-ground is safe ground, it does not necessitate daring or risk, nor does it lead to ruin. Does that make me a coward? It makes me something, of that I am sure. Change is what's needed, as...

If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies.

But change is difficult. Change requires risk and can lead to ruin. Change must be handled with wisdom, then. Appearing wise is not enough; staying silent is not enough. True wisdom is needed. Time imparts wisdom, so we must wait on time. But time does not wait, time weighs. Weighs heavily upon me.

~J.L.

No comments:

Post a Comment